6 Steps To Solve Your Sleep Problems (Part 1)
1. Try to get in bed the same time every night and get up the same time every morning
2. Associate your bed with sleeping. If you don’t get into bed within 30 minutes, or you wake up and can’t get back to bed within 30 minutes; get out of bed, sit quietly in another room and read something. If you stay in bed and start turning and tossing, you will associate your bed with anxiety and you won’t sleep.
3. Avoid use of alcohol. Alcohol stimulates the brain and body and keep you awake.
4. Stop drinking caffeine by noon.
5. Bright lights keep us awake. the bright light fools the brain into thinking it’s time to be awake. So at night, keep your bedroom lights very dim.
6. It’s really important to quiet your anxious mind. By healing anxiety you will sleep again. Chronic worry and negative thinking deplete the immune system and affect your sleep. Your spirit and heart need to be calm.
* Meditation – is one way to calm the chatter of the mind. There are many ways to meditate. A simple way, is to focus on your in and out breath. When thoughts enter your mind, you bring yourself back to your breath. It’s calming and clearing.
In part 2, I will tell you the most amazing technique I used to finally heal the chronic insomnia I suffered for many years.